Pamela Weimer Academic Merit Scholarship
50% Annual Tuition Scholarship for New Students
For the 2019-20 academic year, Pacific Boychoir Academy is proud to offer a 50% tuition scholarship to rising 4th–8th grade day school applicants in good academic standing who demonstrate a commitment to our values, code of conduct, and mission.
First offered in 2018, this scholarship was created to honor Pacific Boychoir Academy Founder and Educator Pamela Weimer, who during her 15 years at PBA inspired a generation of students to strive for excellence and who gave each of her students a solid foundation upon which to build a successful academic future.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Rising 4th–8th grade applicants for Fall 2019 admission, who have not previously applied to Pacific Boychoir Academy day school, and who show high academic potential and commitment to the School’s mission and values.
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The scholarship will renew annually for the entire length of matriculation in the elementary and middle school programs at Pacific Boychoir Academy, provided that the recipient:
- Is in continuous full-time enrollment at Pacific Boychoir Academy
- Remains in high academic standing (3.5 grade point average (B+) or better)
- Adheres to the School’s mission and code of behavior
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Complete the PBA admissions process, as outlined on our website: PacificBoychoir.org/dayschool/how-to-apply
- Submit a Scholarship Application
- In addition to the regular school visit, candidates will attend an interview with the Scholarship Committee. This visit needs to be scheduled or completed by the submission deadline.
- Scholarship applications & supporting documents are due to the admissions office by Friday, January 18, 2019.*
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF AWARD?
Scholarship decisions will be announced via email or phone: Friday, March 15, 2019, after 12 pm.
HOW MANY RECIPIENTS WILL BE AWARDED?
The number of scholarship recipients will be determined by the Scholarship Committee and the availability of space and funding.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Janelle Geistlinger, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com
*Applications submitted after January 18, 2019 will be considered on an individual basis and only if additional space and funds are available.