How to Apply
Space still available in select grades for the 2019-20 school year. Applications for admission will be accepted until all seats are filled. Call or email our Admissions Office today to schedule a visit: 510-652-4722, 6 or email@example.com.
Pacific Boychoir Academy Admissions Process:
1. Visit Campus (Register Online):
We invite boys to spend a "day in the life" at Pacific Boychoir Academy, by joining us for a full school day. Led by grade-level student ambassadors, boys will enjoy a genuine experience of what our day school offers. Meanwhile, parents tour the campus with our Admissions Director, visit in-session classrooms to see our faculty in action, and meet with our Head of School to discuss their desires and concerns and learn more about the compelling personal development experience we offer. Complete our online RSVP Form to visit.
We invite you to step into a long-standing tradition at PBA, Monday Night Dinner with our concert & touring choir, the Troubadors. Bring your boy and join us for a light supper where you will dine with our Music and Day School Faculty, Alumni, current students, and Head of School. After dinner, enjoy an overview of our program presented by our Head of School and Admissions Director. As an added highlight, guests will visit an in-session rehearsal of our Varsity Troubadors and their high school counterparts, the Changed Voice & Continuum choristers, providing a wonderful opportunity to see what our Day School has to offer your boy long-term. Complete our online RSVP form to claim your seat at the table.
2. Submit an Application
First-round Applications for Admission were due January 18, 2019, for the 2019-20 school year. Space still available in select grades for the 2019-20 school year. Applications for admission will be accepted until all seats are filled. Inquire with our admissions office to discover if a seat might be available for your boy.
- Start your application online now, or download and submit via email or US mail, with application fee of $75.
- Recommendation Letter - Ask a teacher, coach or youth leader to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf. They may write an original letter, or use the EBISA form. Letters must be submitted directly from the teacher via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transcript Release Form - Complete the form and give to an official at your son's current school. They will send records directly to PBA.
- Financial Assistance (Optional) - We partner with School and Student Services in our financial aid process. Complete a Parents' Financial Statement online, by downloading this form and following the instructions. PBA school code is 3914.
Applicants to our day school will be invited to return to PBA for a Placement Interview with our Director of Choral Studies and to complete our academic assessments. We feel strongly that a shadow day and this second visit make our admissions process as comprehensive as possible, allowing prospective families and our team to arrive at fully informed decisions. Following receipt of your application, Pacific Boychoir Academy will contact you to schedule your son's visit.
Pacific Boychoir Academy, along with other EBISA schools, mails admissions decisions Friday, March 15, 2019. Families who have applied for financial assistance will be notified of any financial award at the same time they receive their offer of admission.
To accept a seat at Pacific Boychoir Academy, families must return their signed enrollment contract and the required, non-refundable tuition deposit no later than one week after decisions are sent.
The admissions office is here to help you with the admissions process. Contact us at any time. We encourage you to explore our website, our YouTube channel, Facebook, Twitter, Berkeley Parents Network and Yelp to learn more about us, and hear what our community has to say about us.