Marcia Roy Musicianship Scholarship
50% Annual Tuition Scholarship for New Students
For the 2020-21 academic year, Pacific Boychoir Academy is proud to offer a 50% tuition scholarship to rising 6th–8th grade day school applicants who demonstrate a commitment to their craft, our values, code of conduct, and mission.
First offered in 2018, this scholarship was created to honor Pacific Boychoir Academy Founder and Artistic Program Director Marcia Roy, who inspires students to strive for musical excellence and gives each of her students a solid foundation upon which to build a successful future as a performing artist.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Rising 6th–8th grade applicants for Fall 2020 admission, who have not previously applied to Pacific Boychoir Academy day school, and who show high musical potential and commitment to PBA’s mission and values. Current Pacific Boychoir choristers in our after-school program are eligible and encouraged to apply.
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The scholarship will renew annually for the entire length of matriculation in the middle school program (through 8th grade) at Pacific Boychoir Academy, provided that the recipient:
- Is in continuous full-time enrollment at Pacific Boychoir Academy
- Remains in good academic standing
- Makes steady progress in PBA’s Theory Card Program
- Attends International Tour (if promoted to Varsity before February 2021)
- Adheres to the School’s mission and code of behavior
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Complete the PBA Admissions Process, as outlined on our website.
- Submit a Scholarship Application, including your personal statement
- Visit the school and attend an interview with the Scholarship Committee. Applicants not already singing in our after-school choral program will have a musical skills assessment. School visits need to be scheduled or completed by the submission deadline.
- Scholarship applications & supporting documents are due to the admissions office by Friday, January 31, 2020.*
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF AWARD?
Scholarship decisions will be announced via email or phone: Friday, March 19, 2020, after 12pm.
HOW MANY RECIPIENTS WILL BE AWARDED?
The number of scholarship recipients will be determined by the Scholarship Committee and the availability of space and funding.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Janelle Geistlinger, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com.
*Applications submitted after January 31, 2020 will be considered on an individual basis and only if additional space and funds are available.