Pacific Boychoir Academy 2022 Spring Appeal Fundraising Campaign
Pacific Boychoir Academy relies on the generosity of it’s community to contribute to the success and financial aid of its students.
You hold the keys to PBA’s future, ensuring that all interested children have the opportunity to experience our transformative academic and music programs. We deeply appreciate your support.
The pandemic definitely brought its challenges for us, but with your friendship and encouragement, we didn’t give up. It was magical to see the choirs perform in person last December for the first time in two years; our astonishing sound brought audiences to their feet, with standing ovations at each of our concerts. What JOY!
Now we are here to celebrate that we made it through some of the darkest days of COVID, and we are ready to do what we do best- make music IN OUR OWN HOME! So much has happened in the last year, and there’s even more right around the corner:
- Six months ago, we purchased our property!
- Our choristers, day school and after school, are all rehearsing in person.
- We are hosting outdoor rehearsals for our neighbors and members of our community.
- PBA was selected to perform Carmina Burana with the Marin Symphony, and also with the SF Opera Adler Fellows.
- We will finally tour again this summer!
- PBA is inviting community groups to sing with us, and we have many exciting collaborations.
- We are launching a new Rooted in Oakland scholarship program, giving students from our most underserved communities an unparalleled academic and music education.
We didn’t have an annual campaign fundraiser all throughout COVID, and due to a lack of fundraisers and performances, we are now facing the challenge of a loss of revenue because of the pandemic’s restrictions.
We are asking our community to give generously today, so we can build back PBA, and keep the ball rolling. Our goal for this spring campaign is to raise $200,000. To champion this fundraising drive, the PBA Board of Directors will double your donation by offering to match all gifts, up to $100,000, that are received June 30th.
We are so grateful to your commitment to the Pacific Boychoir Academy.
Now let’s celebrate our successes, our joy, and our return to singing together again!
With enormous gratitude,
Liz Miles – Pacific Boychoir Board President